BANG Edutainment is a dynamic, friendly and innovative social enterprise. We pride ourselves on our respectful, caring and co-operative approach, providing youth development services to young people mainly in Brent. We have been delivering creative services to young people for 16 years.
Our mission is to help young people realise their full potential so they can contribute positively to their communities by creating platforms and projects that engage, promote and develop the skills they need for their life and careers.
We are looking for a qualified teacher to deliver one of our components, ‘The Learning Zone’.
The Learning Zone is a creative, inclusive and encouraging space dedicated to increasing a young person’s commitment to education and learning. The teacher will have the support of a project worker with a group of six young people in weekly sessions over the course of 8 weeks, sessions are 1.5 hours. During this time the teacher uses creative and engaging teaching methods to assess the educational needs of the young person and suggest methods of support that the project worker can then feedback to the school and parent/carer. All resources and session plans will be provided.
Furthermore it is also a space where self-esteem, confidence and attitudes to learning are improved. Young people are given the opportunity to explore challenges they have in education and are given the tools and skills to improve this.
- Qualified teacher
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Provide a fun and positive learning atmosphere for Young People (age 8 – 13 yrs old)
- Passionate about supporting Young People improve their full potential and confidence
- Should have the ability to teach and facilitate sessions, adapting to students individual strengths and weaknesses, taking into account specific needs
- Capable of using a range of teaching methods using digital online educational content
- Ensure the BANG Edutainment safeguarding policies are applied at all times
- You must already have the right to work in the UK or EU and provide Right to Remain or Visa in proof of this.