Background & outline of the post
The BANG Edutainment Volunteer Fundraising Assistant is recruited to support the CEO in the design and delivery of a fundraising plan to raise income through event
s, individual and corporate giving.
The role is ideal for someone who wants to enter the field of fundraising and will provide valuable work experience. High performance and achievement of targets may lead to a paid post.
BANG delivers projects for young people designed to build their motivation, skills and experiences. We focus on young people in Brent who are considered “at risk”, experiencing negative outcomes or on the pathway to offending. Our programmes improve outcomes in emotional resilience, self-esteem, confidence, educational attainment and family circumstances. We use a variety of platforms ranging from mentoring to group and individual sessions, sports sessions, focused educational learning and work experience. BANG also delivers activities designed to improve employability and life skills in partnership with sister organisation The Beat London 103.6 FM (formerly BANG Radio), a community-radio station whose distinctive content encompasses urban music and culture.
The Volunteer Fundraising Assistant has a dynamic and varied role that requires the passion, knowledge, experience and commitment needed to meet fundraising targets. They will work with colleagues and agencies to plan and implement online and other marketing campaigns that drive engagement and traffic across social media in order to fulfil fundraising objectives. The role will include networking within and outside of the civil sector.
Main areas of responsibility
- At all times to work within the organisation’s policies around Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Confidentiality and all other employment and service policies and procedures;
- To act as an ambassador for the BANG Group, upholding and promoting our organisational values;
- To undertake any other duties which can be reasonably expected within the level of the role;
- Researching potential funding opportunities and charitable trusts and foundations, in addition to other desk-based research tasks;
- Raising awareness of the charity and its work at local and national levels, e.g. by giving talks to groups or seeking photo opportunities with the media;
- Managing and updating databases to record donor contact and preference information; ensuring accuracy and consistency of all records;
- Writing applications and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a range of potential and current donors;
- Administrative implementation of individual giving, and of the wider fundraising campaign;
- Planning and delivery of fundraising events;
- Developing and delivering web-based funding;
- Maintaining the fundraising database;
- Liaising with external funding bodies.
- Work with colleagues and partners to support BANG’s operations;
- Write and coordinate articles/blogs to be featured in BANG Newsletter, annual report and on the website;
- Identify and support marketing and fundraising opportunities;
- Support writing of progress and annual reports to funders and donors;
- Make a positive contribution towards team meetings and development days;
- Have a conscientious, professional approach to the role ensuring impeccable timekeeping, planning, record-keeping and effective communication across departments;
- Undertake and refresh all mandatory and relevant training related to the post;
- To work alongside The BEAT London to create a positive working environment and move the BANG Group forward in a positive direction and in line with the Group’s Values, Mission, Aims and Objectives.
Relevant skills and experience
- Computer/ Microsoft Office skills;
- An understanding and commitment to BANG’s mission and values;
- The ability to build and maintain relationships;
- Creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising;
- A proactive attitude, drive and enthusiasm to carry out projects to conclusion;
- The ability to influence others with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- The capability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- The ability to meet financial targets;
- Good organisational and project management skills;
- The ability to motivate others and work as part of a team;
- Resilience, particularly when faced with setbacks;
- Sensitivity to the needs of volunteers and donors;
- A degree/qualification or experience in marketing, media or business is desirable